PDA

View Full Version : Transport your Dog out to the bush ??

Maplesapper
03-02-2020, 07:38 PM
Snow is deep and trying to find a way to transport my dog out to the sugar bush.
It is 2.6 miles from the road to the back bush.
Pooch is a 2yr old yellow lab- but he's no runner. I think that distance is too far to run in the snow

I have a snowmobile, ATV for the mud, bush buggy.

No suggestion to crazy enough?

Bruce L
03-03-2020, 05:18 AM
Our poor old dog that passed last fall loved to ride to the bush in the side by side,then hang around the sugar house until we were done

tcross
03-03-2020, 06:14 AM
i have a 10 year old german shorthair and a 9 month old basset hound... both absolutely love being in the bush with me. the gsp... as long as it's above freezing. he rides on the atv with me, either in the set behind me, or in my trailer (he's old and has many many hard miles on him from bird hunting). the basset won't ride yet, but gets through the thy deep snow surprisingly well. you may be surprised what your little yellow lab would do in the snow. deep snow gets both of them jacked right up! when my gsp was younger he'd plow through snow over his head and be in heaven. and sleep really well after!

Trapper2
03-03-2020, 06:38 AM
21109 Skyy almost always runs.

Dave Puhl
03-03-2020, 08:05 AM
I use a walking harness and a very short lead and snap attached to the cross bar above the seat on my springer spaniel she rides on the seat in the utv

30AcreWoods
03-03-2020, 12:23 PM
Our dogs just plow through the snow. Have you considered towing a sled? We have friends who do that and the dogs love it.

Maplesapper
03-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Neighbour sent some picks; looks like snow is way down.
Might not be an issue.

I was worried he might flip out as soon as we pulled away in the sled.
Hope the season is a long one to try him out.
Wont be fully setup till March 20- Parry Sound- Hold that snow !!