PDA

View Full Version : Pump?

tpathoulas
02-24-2020, 07:23 PM
I am looking to buy a water pump that I can use to pump sap about 100-200 yards up hill to my holding tank. There is about a 30-40 foot elevation for the sauce to travel. Currently I have a small 12V water pump that I use to transfer from one tank to another for transport. Will this pump do the trick(I realize if it can it will be slow) or should I look into a gas operated pump? I'm thinking of using food grade garden type hoses for the transfer. Trying to save a little money as I'm thinking about an RO Bucket also.
Thanks

Father & Son
02-24-2020, 07:53 PM
I have two like this but they have gone up in price since I purchased them.

https://www.waterpumpsdirect.com/Generac-6917-Water-Pump/p70908.html

wiam
02-24-2020, 08:04 PM
Black plastic water line would be less $ than garden hose.

tpathoulas
02-24-2020, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the good idea. One thing I have to worry about is storage. My sugarbush is in a pasture and has about 150-170 head of Angus cattle wandering through the woods everyday. I can't leave my tubing up and I won't be able to leave the black plastic tubing on the ground. That's why I was thinking hose because it would be easier to store. Not sure I could get the black plastic rolled up as when it came from the store.

Father & Son
02-24-2020, 08:53 PM
Black plastic water line will re-roll in about a 4 ft diameter roll real easy. Only about twice the original roll size.

wiam
02-25-2020, 04:09 AM
Black plastic water line will re-roll in about a 4 ft diameter roll real easy. Only about twice the original roll size.

And when we do that we put a couple wraps of electric tape around to keep it contained.

tpathoulas
02-25-2020, 05:50 PM
And when we do that we put a couple wraps of electric tape around to keep it contained.

Ok I like the black plastic idea but what is the risk if bacteria forming in the line as the black plastic warms in the sun?