PDA

View Full Version : Here's why we do it!!!

For_the_kids
02-23-2020, 08:24 PM
Every spring I love getting out in the woods to tap the trees. We put in 102 taps today as a family (minus one since he was at a friends house). The weather was beautiful and the sap was flowing great today. Everyone got a taste or two also. Yup it will freeze up again this week, but I just couldn't let a beautiful day like this slip by. :)

maple flats
02-24-2020, 06:30 AM
It's a great time when the kids are involved!

GramaCindy
02-24-2020, 05:33 PM
What great memories for you and your family.

Trapper2
02-26-2020, 08:07 AM
Have a great season ! What part of the State are you from? Great to have another Wisconsinite on here.
During the season I will have 20-30 from family and friends stop in at the Sugar Shack. No idea how many Brats and Natural casing hot dogs will be eaten but it will be a lot.

Sugarmaker
02-26-2020, 08:39 AM
For_the_Kids,
Wonderful pictures!Thanks for posting them! Sure looks like they are having fun too! Making memories!
Regards,
Chris

For_the_kids
02-26-2020, 03:25 PM
We live in vesper Wisconsin. It's about 7 mi west of Wisconsin rapids. How far from here are you trapper2? The kids really do enjoy getting out and watching the sap flow. Most of the trees that we tap are across the street on a piece of land that we own, however we tap four yard maples and they are constantly checking those buckets. My oldest boys have done all of the tending to the boiler for the last two years on the weekends. I considered getting a continuous flow pan this year when we upgraded from 4 steam trays, but went with the batch pan so that they just had to worry about firing the arch and not trying to draw off syrup. I figure I can always weld in dividers if I ever decide to. I love this site, and have gotten so many great ideas and good advice here it's hard to fathom. Best of luck to everyone this season, have fun and make memories!!

Trapper2
02-27-2020, 07:51 AM
We live in vesper Wisconsin. It's about 7 mi west of Wisconsin rapids. How far from here are you trapper2? The kids really do enjoy getting out and watching the sap flow. Most of the trees that we tap are across the street on a piece of land that we own, however we tap four yard maples and they are constantly checking those buckets. My oldest boys have done all of the tending to the boiler for the last two years on the weekends. I considered getting a continuous flow pan this year when we upgraded from 4 steam trays, but went with the batch pan so that they just had to worry about firing the arch and not trying to draw off syrup. I figure I can always weld in dividers if I ever decide to. I love this site, and have gotten so many great ideas and good advice here it's hard to fathom. Best of luck to everyone this season, have fun and make memories!!
That's a nice area, I'm about 30 miles east of St. Point. My hunting land is where I tap. Live on Lake Winnebago.
Have fun, we are tapping in on Sunday. Lines have taps cut in and ready to tap trees and buckets are staged 15 to an area.

Coatesy
03-17-2020, 07:13 PM
Every spring I love getting out in the woods to tap the trees. We put in 102 taps today as a family (minus one since he was at a friends house). The weather was beautiful and the sap was flowing great today. Everyone got a taste or two also. Yup it will freeze up again this week, but I just couldn't let a beautiful day like this slip by. :)

Great pics, with that crew your workload should be low.. :)