PDA

View Full Version : Best option for GIS/GPS newbie?

82cabby
02-09-2020, 03:00 PM
I would like to map out the variuos maple lines I use on my property. I do have drone puctures of most of my property, but don't know if they have gps data imbedded. The tubing is not visible in the drone shots.
The only tools I really have are my iphone and a laptop. What I would really like to do is be able to superimpose my tubing lines and tap locationson either google maps or my drone images. I have a small operation, only 120 taps.

Any thoughts?
Dave

arcticmaple8
02-09-2020, 03:22 PM
I use huntstand app for mapping distances and you can also see property boundries and who owns what. It was 10$ but very worth it. I believe there are other hunting apps also

mainebackswoodssyrup
02-09-2020, 03:33 PM
I mapped our lines on google earth after recording them with my Garmin GPS.

BradWilson
03-31-2022, 05:29 PM
I mapped our lines on google earth after recording them with my Garmin GPS.
Which Garmin GPS do you use?

mainebackswoodssyrup
03-31-2022, 06:17 PM
Which Garmin GPS do you use?

I have a few but those ones were done with my Rino 650t.

TapTapTap
03-31-2022, 08:13 PM
My company (not my maple business) has a professional grade drone for surveying and construction monitoring, including a software system called Propeller (https://www.propelleraero.com/) which is the key to processing the photo images. Unfortunately, Propeller costs around $9,000 per year. But it does very cool stuff.
Ken

craigwade2005
04-15-2022, 11:42 AM
I use my Garmin GPS to map trees. (Alpha 200i just because its what I use running dogs) You can then use basecamp and export them into Google Earth. I like this method because I can have satellite view along with topographical if I choose. I also laid my lines out in google and exported the tracks back to the GPS. I have a photo of the results, but the uploader is struggling again.

wobbletop
04-16-2022, 11:11 AM
I have a photo of the results, but the uploader is struggling again.

Use www.imgur.com or www.imgbb.com to show pictures.