PDA

View Full Version : Stainless hot water loop

halladaymaple
01-29-2020, 07:06 PM
Hi

Contemplating running 50’ of 1/2 stainless tubing In my back pan and recirculate water so I have more hot water available for clean up etc... I use oil heat and already have a sap preheater in my steam hood. I was thinking to just lay the loop on my raised flues. The loop will be submersed in boiling sap. Anyone have any thoughts on doing this ?

Thanks
Darrell

maple flats
01-29-2020, 07:26 PM
You will get hot water, but if you draw much thru that loop the boil will slow somewhat while you draw the hot water.

bill m
01-29-2020, 08:08 PM
If you were closer to me I would let you have a propane on demand hot water heater. I just want it out of my garage. Easy to install and sized just right for your operation.

BAP
01-29-2020, 08:08 PM
Collect the condensate from your steam hood drain and you will have a lot of hot water without sacrificing boiling.

halladaymaple
01-29-2020, 09:44 PM
Hi

I already capture the hot water condensate from the steam hood and it gets directed into my wash tank for my RO always test it with my refractometer and 0 sugar in it, I have to temper cent t down to 115 before I can wash the RO.

Dh

Profirefighter
01-30-2020, 08:48 AM
Depending on the size of your steam pipe, you could add a stainless wort chiller to the inside of the pipe. I have several coils added and I simply divert some permeate from the ro through the coils and collect. The water is close to boiling and is stored in a stainless steel tank.

halladaymaple
01-30-2020, 06:21 PM
Where are you located in eastern Ontario. Would like to see how you have it setup. Are you pushing the permeate with the RO or a separate pump. Thanks for your time