PDA

View Full Version : Using a Fluke thermometer for flue gas temps,anyone?

In da bush
01-29-2020, 09:37 AM
Hey All!! I知 just tying up some loose ends and I知 wanting to integrate my fluke thermometer with a probe in the stack to hit my firing at optimal times. Is anyone using an off the shelf fluke thermometer with an appropriate probe for continuous use in the stack? I知 scouring the web and can稚 really find an appropriate probe,any input is appreciated. Please list model # of the probe.
Thanks!!

Cjadamec
01-29-2020, 11:29 AM
Assuming your Fluke reads K-type themocouples like mine does you are going to be looking for something like this from Amazon to read stack temps. There are lots of different styles this is just the first one that came up in a search.

https://www.amazon.com/Vktech-Thermocouple-Temperature-Sensors-Exhaust/dp/B009HW44F4?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3

That reminds me I was thinking setting my fluke up to read the boiling temp of my pan, I have a stainless thermocouple kicking around somewhere.

In da bush
01-29-2020, 05:59 PM
Thanks CJ, That seems like a perfect and reasonably priced thermocouple,my only concern would be if it can hang for a season/multiple seasons.

Assuming your Fluke reads K-type themocouples like mine does you are going to be looking for something like this from Amazon to read stack temps. There are lots of different styles this is just the first one that came up in a search.

https://www.amazon.com/Vktech-Thermocouple-Temperature-Sensors-Exhaust/dp/B009HW44F4?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3

That reminds me I was thinking setting my fluke up to read the boiling temp of my pan, I have a stainless thermocouple kicking around somewhere.

Cjadamec
01-29-2020, 06:26 PM
EGR sensors are pretty durable devices. They are designed to measure diesel exhaust temperatures so they are made for high vibration high heat applications. All the wiring to them is high temp insulated.

nymapleguy607
01-30-2020, 07:06 AM
Type K thermocouples will last about 2-3 years in a wood evaporator. That's assuming that the flue temps are running in the 1200-1300 degree range.

In da bush
02-01-2020, 11:12 AM
Type K thermocouples will last about 2-3 years in a wood evaporator. That's assuming that the flue temps are running in the 1200-1300 degree range.

Good to know,thanks NYmaple👍🏼

wiam
02-01-2020, 08:24 PM
Good to know,thanks NYmaple����

Think that depends on the probe. I used one for many years while running 1600ー stack in my 2x6. I’m still using that probe in my 3x12 oil fired. Wish I could tell you how to get one. Other than eBay I’m not sure where I got it.