PDA

View Full Version : Fill stop?

pkelly
01-10-2020, 10:02 PM
Hello,

I am looking to make bottle filling more easier faster and more uniform this year. There was someone on the forum who earlier posted about a homemade version of Leaders Fill-stop. Does anyone know if it is still available? Any other ideas for a low cost semi automatic bottle filler?

Thanks

maple flats
01-11-2020, 08:56 AM
The Maple Guys offer one. It uses their foot controlled original valve with a laser light controlling the off function. I only have their foot controlled original version. That leaves 2 hands free for capping , moving bottles or jugs etc.

unc23win
01-11-2020, 04:41 PM
Do the maple guys still? Maybe it’s my phone not loading the whole page, but it looks like they have cut back on equipment quite a bit.

Buffalo Plaid
01-11-2020, 05:08 PM
Here's their new website
https://mapleguys.wordpress.com/
Looks like they've scaled back.

pkelly
01-12-2020, 07:50 AM
Yes, I have seen that hands free filler online before but can’t find it now. I though that the sensofill bottling valve was picked up by one of the big Maple equipment suppliers but don’t see that on the web anywhere. Anyone build their own version of Leader’s fillstop, that cares to share how it is done?

western mainer
01-12-2020, 08:05 AM
https://www.bascommaple.com/item/vfilstop/

maple flats
01-12-2020, 09:45 AM
All I can say is that the new website states that they scaled back and no longer carry equipment made by others. Chris designed and had the sensifil (?) built himself. Submit the form on his site, he will answer it.

pkelly
01-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Thanks all, I really appreciate the information here on this forum. I sent Chris a message to find out if the sensafill is still available and thanks for the link to the fill-stop, I may buy that one from Leader if I can't figure out how to make one myself.

Sunday Rock Maple
01-12-2020, 04:11 PM
We have the one from Leader and love it.

mapleack
11-16-2020, 01:13 PM
With the leader fill valve is it an issue dragging the probe wire with syrup on it over the rim of the jug? Worries me about sealing issues. Thanks.

wiam
11-16-2020, 06:03 PM
With the leader fill valve is it an issue dragging the probe wire with syrup on it over the rim of the jug? Worries me about sealing issues. Thanks.
Never been a problem with mine.

maple flats
11-17-2020, 08:38 AM
I believe on Chris's (The Maple Guys) one it uses 2 laser beams, when the syrup reaches the set height it instantly shuts the valve off. If Chris sold the rights to it, he will tell you where to get it. My guess is that he still sells them himself because he invented and built them.