PDA

View Full Version : More fake maple

Kh7722
01-10-2020, 08:07 PM
Saw this syrup at the store this evening for sale. Almost looks like the real thing at a quick glance. I bet many people are fooled thinking this is the real stuff

highlandcattle
01-12-2020, 06:02 AM
This is really scamming and fraud. Consumers are totally fooled by this labeling. When I see this junk and someone buyibg it I try in very simple terms to explain tgey're buying sugar water. People are amazed,amused,mad,don't believe me,etc. Ignorance really is bliss.

Mead Maple
01-12-2020, 08:55 AM
We had to visit family in Massachusetts for a funeral recently and stayed at a hotel. While at breakfast my son (8) was pouring the small plastic container of so called maple syrup. It came out and it had a bead texture like water on a freshly waxed car or like an oil residue. I remained quiet and after his first bite his face squinched and he asked

Pop is this real syrup?
I don’t know bud what do you think?
Ugh no it tastes like oily corn with maple flavor.

Needless to say the market is more flooded with imitation than real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old tom
01-14-2020, 12:03 PM
It says maple flavored not real. that is the giveaway

DrTimPerkins
01-14-2020, 12:07 PM
Ugh no it tastes like oily corn with maple flavor.

Well trained....good job. :D

Woody77
02-09-2020, 06:08 PM
You cant be mad at the producer. They say exactly what it is. I feal bad for the people who are to lazy to read. That's all it is laziness.

TheNamelessPoet
02-21-2020, 06:41 PM
You cant be mad at the producer. They say exactly what it is. I feal bad for the people who are to lazy to read. That's all it is laziness.amen. people dont read what they put in their bodies

ennismaple
02-24-2020, 10:40 AM
I believe in Ontario that would be illegal - can't say maple flavoured unless it actually has real maple in it, and then you need to say what percentage.