PDA

View Full Version : WF Mason Blower

Kubota
01-04-2020, 05:25 PM
Anyone have a WF Mason with a blower from him?

I went to wire mine up today and just wanted to confirm a few things. I just received a blower mounted to the evaporator and an independent variable speed controller. No plug or wire or anything. Is this standard? There's short tails on the blower end so my thought is to tie into a few feet of romex, then wire in the speed controller, so its accessible,and not under the evap, then wire in a plug to run in a standard outlet.

I'm not an electrical genius, but have plenty of DIY remodel experience.

Seasons getting close! Can't wait!

Chickenman
01-04-2020, 07:13 PM
mine had a built in junction box on the motor. I wired a whip into the box and plugged it into the outlet on the after market speed control.

Russell Lampron
01-04-2020, 07:17 PM
I have one and when I wired mine I hard wired it from a circuit breaker to a switch then to the speed controller then to the blower.

ducxsterdoo
01-04-2020, 10:44 PM
I have one and when I wired mine I hard wired it from a circuit breaker to a switch then to the speed controller then to the blower.

That's exactly how I wired mine too. The switch is technically redundant as the speed controller has an 'off' position, but I just liked being able to kill the power to the whole thing with the flick of a switch.

Kubota
01-05-2020, 04:27 PM
Thanks guys. Got it wired up today! Not the best setup for wiring it for a plug. Cut up an old 12 ga extension cord. Works great, blows like crazy!