PDA

View Full Version : Roof Jack

HillsideMaple
12-27-2019, 06:04 AM
Anybody have any suggestions for a local sheet metal shop. I need a couple roof jacks made but they're kinda custom I would say because of the size I'm looking for. Stainless would be my choice also. I'm in the CNY area. Thanks

maple flats
12-27-2019, 06:40 AM
Send a PM to Buckethead, he is in New Hartford and likely knows the fabricators in and around Utica. Most experienced tin workers will build them. My guy in Oneida died about 6-8 years ago, but he made some to fit in with steel roofing, making it fit the bend pattern on both sides, it fit perfectly even with 1 side about an inch out of line with the other, he matched it to perfection.
Good luck

HillsideMaple
12-27-2019, 12:57 PM
Thanks Dave I'll check with him. I know him and he's close by. Actually bought my first set of pans from him, nice guy to be around and knows a lot about anything to do with maple.

Delta Glen
12-27-2019, 08:22 PM
Gauthier fabricating in Utica made ours. We supplied the material. There is also an Amish guy in Ava who builds stacks, hoods and insulated pipe. I'm sure he could make jacks too. He just built us a clamp so we could mount angle iron to support our smoke stack.

HondoLane
01-19-2020, 09:40 PM
I purchased my stainless roof jack and double walled pipe from Menards online. They shipped it at reasonable cost.