PDA

View Full Version : Next gen maple products RO

devils11217
12-19-2019, 09:12 AM
Looking for reviews in the next gen maple products ROs. How does everyone like them for those that have used them? Possibly looking at 45 GPH model or the 100 GPH. I have about 165 + - taps on shurflo vacuum. Unsure if I should should go with the bigger model vs the smaller. Unsure which model I should go with

mol1jb
12-19-2019, 09:32 AM
I would search the site. I have heard many users that have them. I can't think of any bad reviews that I have read. They are simple bare bones units at an affordable price. Not a bad thing as many of us (myself included) need higher gph RO units that won't break the bank. 2019 season I had 150 taps on shurflo vac, similar to you. I went with a 100 gph unit (Deer Run RO) because I wanted something to easily handle our current tap count and future expansion. Also with a higher gph you can do multiple passes of sap in a timely manor.

devils11217
12-19-2019, 10:04 AM
Did you ever find yourself not having enough permeate for rinses and washes with 150 taps and the 100 gph unit?

mol1jb
12-19-2019, 10:52 AM
At our operation we boil every other day so it is a bit different here. If I had to process one days sap with my 100 gph RO it should still be fine. With my Deer Run unit I can remove 66% water. So say on average we get 200 gallons per day on 150 taps, that would leave me with ~130 gallons permeate. That is enough for an end of day rinse or wash + rinse if needed.

maple flats
12-19-2019, 02:25 PM
Also realize that when you wash, about half of the flow goes back to the permeate tank, and can be used again. On the initial cool down, rinse the permeate goes back to the permeate tank, during the wash, no, but then on final rinse it again goes back to the permeate tank. During the wash cycle both concentrate and permeate are recirculated to the wash tank.

SmellsLikeSyrupNH
12-19-2019, 02:35 PM
I have the NextGen STDRO100GPH unit. I have no issues with it. It does exactly what I need and I will say with a feed pump from my sap tank to the RO I get probably 150GPH and can usually get through a full tote of 275 gallons of sap in about 2 hours or so. I run 2 passes and will get my 275 gallon tote down to about 100 gallons of concentrate. I am expanding the unit this winter and adding a 2nd post to save me from having to do that 2nd pass.