PDA

View Full Version : Main line type

H. Walker
11-23-2007, 09:31 AM
OK guys, I know this maybe a Ford vs Chev question, but anyway, what type of pipe is best for main line? I was going to just use 75 or 100psi black poly water pipe. Or, should I bite the bullet and buy the blue or white actual pipeline? Is there a lifespan difference, I don't like redoing things? Is the colour the only difference to do with thawing out?

Or, is the only difference price??

ennismaple
11-23-2007, 11:44 AM
The blue or white pipe cleans easier as it doesn't have the same pores in it as the black water pipe. Plus, there's the issue about the black pipe heating up the sap too much. Opinions about this issue are like fingerprints - everyone's got one and no two are the same.

Valley View Sugarhouse
11-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I have in my personal experience found that the black water works better in the wood or shaded areas due to the early morning thawing(which if under vacum does not matter so much) but if I have a run through a open area to a tank or sugarhouse I prefer to use the blue (little color heating but not as bad as the black) Thats what works for me.. Good luck!!

Andy

Dave Y
11-24-2007, 06:49 AM
I just installed 10,000 ft of black water pipe it is made about 25 miles from me.
It is easy to work with and is certified for potable water. The big one for me was the price. I could by 3 times as much black for the same money as blue. as for the sap heating well...... if your concerned about that, you can buy a lot of paint with the difference in cost. just mt opinion.