PDA

View Full Version : Wind storm

Ultimatetreehugger
11-01-2019, 01:36 PM
Just took a quick drive through a section of my woods, maples are holding up well but the soft woods where I haven't cleaned are taking a beating. Got my work cut out for me before the snow comes.

Mead Maple
11-01-2019, 02:11 PM
Yet again Middlesex has sustained serious damage both with water and wind. Several trees falling through out today on our area roads. Really hoping this is mother natures purge to get rid of all the week trees so it stays good for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultimatetreehugger
11-01-2019, 07:28 PM
I like your purge idea. I'll stick with that idea.

maple flats
11-02-2019, 09:41 AM
I'll be out checking my bush today, I suspect some tree damage, we had a few gusts of 50+ mph, sustained winds of up to 35 mph on wet ground. Likely some up rooted. Under about 6-8" top soil and duff my land is mostly sand.

Bruce L
11-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Finally got around to checking the bushes yesterday,been super busy. Younger bushes seemed to get hit harder. One mainline down in one bush,seemed to spring back up when we cut the tree off of it,other bush has two mainlines down with wire broken. Will be doing repairs to mainline,wire and chewed or broken laterals as time permits

maple flats
11-11-2019, 07:25 PM
I had a few trees and larger limbs down, cleaned some up today, will do more in the next week or so.