PDA

View Full Version : Running 3/16 inside of mainline

Snowmad
10-27-2019, 09:03 PM
I've got an idea and wonder if anyone else has tried it. I'm putting in main line now to dump my 3/16 line into to take it down a maple less mountain on a high tensile fence I'm dual purposing for maple and cow containment. I would be running my 3/16 from the woods to the mainline about 200' down a nice slope to the mainline witch will give me additional vacuum. I have 4 3/16 lines coming from that woods and I noticed I can stuff then all inside of a 3/4" mainline. I think there would also be room for the tension wire as well so I wouldn't have to lash the line to the wire. It would be running though some apple trees and immature maples and my thought is the main line would protect the 3/16 lines as well as keep them grouped nicely together. Has anyone ever tried this before? I can't see the drawback to doing it but before I try I thought I'd see if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Maplewalnut
10-27-2019, 09:37 PM
Seems like a nice cozy spot for mice to hang out all winter and chew lines. I would guess it would take longer for lines to thaw also. Just some thoughts.

Brian
10-28-2019, 04:59 AM
I would run the mainline up the hill the 200 ft and be done.