PDA

View Full Version : RO setup suggestions

VTnewguy
06-07-2019, 08:30 AM
So, we put some money down on a new RO. Soon we will be installing it in the shack. Just curious on everybody's does and don'ts or mistakes that can be avoided. Thanks in advance.

mol1jb
06-07-2019, 12:01 PM
Probably the best thing I did after hearing it on this site was put an overflow line from the head tank back to the sap tank in case your RO fills your head tank too fast then you wont be dumping concentrate on the ground but rather back into the sap tank.

Russell Lampron
06-07-2019, 06:21 PM
Keep the plumbing as simple as possible. Label all valves so that you know what you are sending and where you're sending it to.

Keep the RO room heated when the membrane(s) is/are in it and when there is liquid in the RO.

VTnewguy
06-07-2019, 06:53 PM
Keep the plumbing as simple as possible. Label all valves so that you know what you are sending and where you're sending it to.

Keep the RO room heated when the membrane(s) is/are in it and when there is liquid in the RO.

I'm leaning towards just having hoses to the tank until we know for sure we have everything in place.

Delta Glen
06-07-2019, 07:49 PM
We built a steel stand for head tank which RO could fit inside of. Then we just held sheets of foam around stand with bungy cords. A small ceramic heater was enough to keep.it warm.

VTnewguy
06-08-2019, 03:51 AM
We built a steel stand for head tank which RO could fit inside of. Then we just held sheets of foam around stand with bungy cords. A small ceramic heater was enough to keep.it warm.

Do you have any pictures?

Delta Glen
06-09-2019, 09:46 AM
I will try and post one. It's made out of 3" c-channel to support head tank. We no longer use it once we went to larger RO.