PDA

View Full Version : Lapierre evaporators?

Mille705
05-01-2019, 09:04 PM
Anyone running a 2x6 Lapierre Junior or Classic rig? Happy with them? Thoughts? Thanks in advance

MapleMark753
05-02-2019, 08:51 AM
I think there are at least a couple of Traders here with that/those rigs. Hope they will chime in. Mine is a Lapierre, but only a 2x5. I found attached notes and paperwork when I bought it that indicated it was a 2x6 arch, just shortened to the 2x5. I used ceramic blanket and half fire bricks to insulate it. That works good. The pans work good too. I had one issue with one of the float boxes (should be the same ones on the 2x6?) and the Mapleguys and Lapierre took care of it right away, with no problems since (a few years).
No real quality issues, seems to be good workmanship. Boil rate varys some, but about what I was told. If you have a few hundred taps, and an RO, the 2x6 should handle that pretty well. We have a few hundred and the 2x5 works good with that amount, but only WITH the RO we use. Have boiled raw sap on it, but its not the enjoyable experience that we have grown to expect using the RO.
good luck, take care Mark

BCPP
05-02-2019, 03:50 PM
We've had a LaPierre mini pro for the past three years. Has worked great. Had a small pinhole leak we discovered in the float box. They fixed it in the off season while I waited (was in the area and decided to drop it off - they were going to pay the shipping). I've been very impressed with quality and service.

mcraejc
05-04-2019, 08:12 AM
I have a 2010 Lapierre 2x8 storm on a older D&G arch. I bought it used in 2014. It has been a fantastic evaporator. Everything is well made and it boils great. Mine has two crossflow pans, raised flue pan and hoods.
It handles 250 taps on vac but bumper seasons mean lots of boiling with a day job.
I’d buy it again if I could and I’d like to get the matching stainless airtight arch.

How do you like the leader MicRO?

MapleMark753
05-04-2019, 03:32 PM
The thread "CDL or Lapierre 2x6 evaporator?" has a bit of stuff on the Lapierre Classic. Maybe you (the op) could PM a couple of them to get their thoughts and opinion?
Just another 02 cents. good luck, Mark