PDA

View Full Version : Custom filtering

tonka
04-17-2019, 02:33 PM
I had a guy approach me this morning asking about if I could run his 20 gallons of syrup through my filter press. What kind of rate per gallon dose one charge for heating the syrup up and filtering the syrup?

upsmapleman
04-17-2019, 07:41 PM
If it was me it would depend on who it was. If I knew them chances are I would do it for free to show them what good filtered syrup looks like. If a stranger stopped maybe a $1 a gallon. Just a thought.

tonka
04-17-2019, 09:45 PM
The guy I've never met before, heard of his last name though. He said he tried this gravity filters with poor luck and he didn't want to do the settling in a bucket method. He has about 20 gallons that he wants done. I kind of figured a dollar a gallon is about the going rate. Just wanted to see what others have seen. Thanks for the response!

wiam
04-18-2019, 06:43 AM
The guy I've never met before, heard of his last name though. He said he tried this gravity filters with poor luck and he didn't want to do the settling in a bucket method. He has about 20 gallons that he wants done. I kind of figured a dollar a gallon is about the going rate. Just wanted to see what others have seen. Thanks for the response!

Will $1 cover you time and fuel and de?

maple flats
04-18-2019, 07:19 AM
Fuel, time, DE and filter paper? If it wasn't a good friend or someone I was hoping to make a good friend I'd charge $30-40. If it was someone who offered to help do some chore, I'd likely do it for nothing.

tonka
04-22-2019, 09:01 PM
I got played $20 for 17 gallons, more then enough to pay for materials plus some to cover time. I guess the way I see it is just a chance to help someone out. I've been in the position before where others have helped me for little or no charge, good karma, you could say I did my good deed for that day.