PDA

View Full Version : Leader WSE rig

Maplewalnut
11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Does anyone have any experiences with this rig? Looking at a used 2x6 model, wondering if you could share some thoughts Thanks Mike

Fred Henderson
11-05-2007, 11:44 AM
What I konw about them is very little. I do know that the only way to reverse flow is to turn the syrup pan around.

Jim Brown
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Maplewalnut; I have had a little experience.We have owned one for 3 years. We have a raised flue. Like Fred said the only way to change flow is to remove the syrup pan and turn it around. Other than that it has been a great rig for us. We added forced draft the first year and did about 28-30 per hour. We added a steamaway the second year and pushed that up to about 50 GPH. We are adding an RO for this coming season don't know what to expect!. For someone who is just starting out or wants to upgrade I recommend one.
Just my thoughts

Jim

caseyssugarshack93
10-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Hello, I have a wse and they are a pretty neat rig but for me i need a ro cause the wse will only do about 32 gals perhour and thats pretty good for the size of the rig but last year i had 1000 taps and and it handled it but we had the wose year ever we only mad 60 gals of syrup trees didnt run atall around here without vac and we didnt have that it was just too warm hopfuly this year we have a great yearh and we will be on vac but i still dont have a r/o which im gunna really need the wse is good for about 500 and they boil like crazy with good dry wood its the cheapest way for us with a r/o but may upgrade in a few year well hope it helped just my 2 cents