PDA

View Full Version : Difference between cleaning vinegar and white vinegar

Bruce L
04-05-2019, 08:23 AM
Maple weekend taking place here this Saturday and Sunday,then pulling the plug. Was walking by a display at Home Hardware other day and saw jugs of cleaning vinegar,didn’t look closely to see price or strength.Last year just used white vinegar along with distillate from the steam away,then pressure washed everything away. Would cleaning vinegar work better/ quicker,or is it worth the presumed higher cost?

tcross
04-05-2019, 10:14 AM
I used to use regular vinegar and have switched to the cleaning type. i believe (however not certain) that it is basically the same, but just more concentrated! it certainly cleans quicker/better! if you use it, make sure you don't get any in a cut or in your eyes! learned that the hard way once!

maple flats
04-05-2019, 10:33 AM
I only saw cleaning vinegar once, it was 10% acid white vinegar, regular white vinegar here is 5%.

michiganphil
04-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Be careful when getting the cleaning vinegar. Some of the brands local to me have fragrance or other ingredients added. A lot of it is still 5%, but "low odor" or with fragrance added.

tcross
04-05-2019, 11:38 AM
i use the heinz brand from Walmart. it is 6% strength. it is only vinegar diluted with distilled water.