PDA

View Full Version : I think I can see the end from here

maple flats
04-03-2019, 08:00 PM
The forecast looks like I may collect the last sap of the season Saturday Morning. There will be a freeze tomorrow and Friday mornings, then no freeze until next Wednesday (30 F) maybe. That will likely be the end. The temperatures will be in the 60's 2 of those days leading up to Wednesday's 30 F forecast. I would guess it's time for the fat lady to sing.
Besides, I need to put up my wife's greenhouse next week too. Then pull taps and clean lines and pack another barrel for bourbon barrel aging, this time a 15 gal one. I keep working up in size but somehow I doubt I will get up to the 53 gal barrels that seem to be easier to find.

motowbrowne
04-03-2019, 08:20 PM
I'm in a similar boat. Freeze tonight, and that's it until the middle of next week. My wife would probably be really happy if I quit trying to collect sap and put up her greenhouse too!

Bruce L
04-03-2019, 09:22 PM
Signs are appearing here too. Daffodils are poking through the ground,hyacinths also now,killdeers are back,and my Uncle saw a garter snake yesterday,which is usually a sign that the end is very near. Already above last years total,may have to get more containers again