PDA

View Full Version : Black Berry Syrup

Chickenman
03-27-2019, 06:28 AM
Ok not sure where to start this post so I will posted it here.
I know it's early to be thinking about other syrups but I try to plan ahead and get everything in stock and ready to go.
Any of you who make a fruit syrup, what density are you making it at. Last year I made some Blackberry. Cooked the berries, pressed through a jelly bag then added 1 cup white sugar to each cup of juice. Tried to filter and bottle. Did not want to go through my filter papers very well, but I have a fix for that.

Anyone doing this or something different.

Daveg
03-27-2019, 07:53 AM
Maybe you can skip the second filtering? What was the consistency after adding the sugar? If it was too runny, cook it down for a while and use a thermometer until it's 219°F?

steve J
03-27-2019, 09:09 AM
I remember when I was young and in boy scouts my scout master made strawberry syrup. But not by doing such a major process. I believe what he did was take lid off strawberry jam and put jar in boiling water where it soon became liquid.

windyacres
11-16-2019, 07:13 PM
Been making MAPLE fruit syrup since 2012,mostly cranberry and wild blueberry. Have made elderberry,strawberry raspberry and wild blackberry,as well as Highbury cranberry. Sales this year approx 1000 250 mil. Kent jugs.product is pure, only 3 INGREDIENTS.