PDA

View Full Version : Problems,,need stack base,,Lifting a stack on a 5x16

Parker
03-24-2019, 04:26 PM
Hi guys,,,im in need of a stack base plate ( sits on arch and hodls entire stack up) mine measures 12.5" x60" finding one today would be ideal 603 491 0082 call or txt, txt works better...will travel to ME, NH, VT

Also what are some clever ways to lift the stack and slide a new plate in?
Thanks, Parker

maple flats
03-24-2019, 06:16 PM
I don't have one, but I had to make one on my 3x8. I used 1/4" mild steel and 1 1/4 angle iron with 1/4" thick steel. To hold the stack open I welded 1/4" bar stock around the cut out for the base stack. To lift it, I was installing new so I can help with ideas to lift as a unit, mine went up section by section. It is likely still thru the roof or you wouldn't likely ask, my only idea is to screw a piece of angle iron to two opposite sides and then use a good heavy rope around the stack (3/4"?) then hoist the two loops formed half way between the pieces of angle. After you can cover the holes by attaching a piece of decorative SS attached by SS rivets. Maybe it can have your name cut by a laser or plasma cutter.

BAP
03-24-2019, 06:26 PM
Parker, can’t help you on base plate other than to find some steel and make one. As far as lifting, mine, which I bought used, had a damper in it which I don’t use, but it makes a great place to hitch a rope on to lift it. I suggest you drill 2 holes in the stack and stick a rod threw it to use to lift it.

wiam
03-24-2019, 07:57 PM
I have used a ratchet strap around the stack with 2 steel rings at opposite points. Then ratchet straps to rafters from rings.

Maple Hill
03-26-2019, 05:24 AM
I should have one,I will look today and let you know.