PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Holding Tank

BCPP
03-23-2019, 09:53 PM
I have a 250 gal holding tank. Have collected sap over the past week and a half, boiling last Saturday and Sunday. Collected about 160 gal on Tuesday and Wednesday, little flow since then! Boiled off about 60 gal today and will probably do the same tomorrow. Looks like poor flow for next two days. The ssp in tank started to cloud today. Thinking I might dump what's left after tomorrow and start afresh on Tuesday or should I just keep adding and keep on going?

If I do dump it does anyone clean their holding tank, rinse it with a bucket of water or just drain it as best you can and the start using again? The cloud did not affect today's syrop run, it looked and tasted fine.

JoeJ
03-24-2019, 05:27 AM
Between 5 releaser tanks in the woods, 4 sap tanks and one concentrate tank at the sugar house, I wash all tanks every collection day. ( all stainless tanks)

Joe

maple flats
03-24-2019, 05:40 AM
Yes, clean it every time you empty it. If cleaned right after emptying you can do it with just water and use your sap pump to push the water for sa spray. If it sets a while, cleaning often needs a brush to loosen the stuff stuck in the tank.