PDA

View Full Version : Marcland Auto Draw Off not drawing off-What gives?

Bruce L
03-21-2019, 07:56 PM
Finally got the evaporator running today after numerous problems set auto draw off at 219.2, ready to check with the hydrometer to adjust up or down. Suddenly my wife exclaimed temperature is 219.9, valve still not open. Opened manual valve to draw off,temperature climbing to 221 and higher,green light not on yet and valve still not opening! My wife thought problem with valve,but I pointed out green light wasn’t on to trigger valve to open. Then light finally comes on and valve opens,but temperature goes down to 218.6 and light still on and valve still open. Next draw off of syrup I was more prepared for,but same thing,had to switch to manual to draw off at right temperature, and switched off even though light stayed on to try to take off more below temperature/ density syrup. The unit is only 8 years old,but the way it is working it is just a fancy thermometer that I still have to draw syrup off manually. Could it be as simple as having the two red wires reversed,as it is colour coded for the two red and one white,or do I need to be in the market for a new auto draw off? Better than burning up the pan,or sending out thin or overly thick syrup