PDA

View Full Version : Weatther Forecast: most accurate website/app?

buck3m
03-17-2019, 04:08 PM
I think the site I have the best luck with is weather.gov.

How about the rest of you?

wnybassman
03-17-2019, 04:16 PM
I trust weather.gov the most also

spud
I do the weather channel. They seem to be very accurate.

Spud

BigPine
I agree with you. The details by hour (precip type, wind speed & direction, etc.) are great - we us it all the time for riding bicycle.

maple flats
03-17-2019, 06:54 PM
I find I have the best reports with Accu Weather. Especially on long range trends.

Urban Sugarmaker
03-17-2019, 07:03 PM
I use weather channel app the most but I also use Wunderground and their mobile app. I like Wunderground because there's a couple private weather stations right near where I tap. It's been pretty accurate except for wind. Also, the Wunderground forecasts have a graphical display of temperatures so you can see freeze/thaw cycles and durations. For example, if the temp is going to be 38 for a high but it takes until 2pm to get there, I know I will not necessarily have to go collect sap due to a short time above freezing. Works for me after 5 seasons of driving 15 minutes to get sap.

Russell Lampron
03-17-2019, 07:14 PM
I find that the weather channel is the most accurate for my area. Weather underground and Accuweather tend to predict temps higher than I actually get. I don't care for the new format of the weather channel app but I'm getting used to it.

maple flats
03-18-2019, 06:46 AM
Very likely you will need to check a few sources, one that is best in one area may not be somewhere else. I doubt there will not be one best choice for the entire maple area.

DrTimPerkins
03-18-2019, 08:43 AM
I've taken to using the Dark Sky app on my iPhone (available for Android too). It gives forecasts in 2-hr forecasts blocks for micro-areas, and seems to be the most accurate for me both at home and at work. Very easy and quick to use on your phone. You can set up alerts for various conditions. Great for boating, hunting, etc., since it'll tell you about that approaching thunderstorm or other nasty weather conditions that can creep up on you. Has saved me from getting caught out in bad weather a bunch of times.

https://darksky.net/app

goose52
03-18-2019, 10:35 AM
i use weather underground, weatherbug, & accuweather. they are all different for the same area so i can just pick the one i like best! :)

billyinvt
03-18-2019, 10:49 AM
I take the information from five different sources. Accuweather, Weather Underground, NOAA, Weather Nertwork (app), Weather channel, and then I make a little chart and get an average from all of the different sources and use that. No matter what you do, you can never really tell when you'll be inundated with sap, and when for some reason it just doesn't run much.