PDA

View Full Version : Brand new airablo honda engine just quiting

KReinisch
03-10-2019, 06:23 AM
I have a two week old airblo with honda engine.. it was running like a top and just yesterday, it quit out of the blue twice. Any suggestions?

O3C
03-10-2019, 06:57 AM
Low engine oil shutting it off ? Sitting level ?

Walling's Maple Syrup
03-10-2019, 07:12 AM
Are you using the gas tank that came on it or did you hook a bigger tank to it?

mountainvan
03-10-2019, 08:04 AM
Maybe some water in the gas. That happens to mine every once in awhile. Actually happened to the new engine I put on the pump I got from you, which is working great by the way.

maple flats
03-10-2019, 08:45 AM
If it's not the fuel try a new spark plug and check the wires at the kill switch. Can it be any wire is shorting the spark.
This is very rare if not a gas issue, for years I have gotten Honda engines on all of my small engine equipment. In 15 years + (ordered my sawmill with a 20 HP Honda) I have not been disappointed.

wnybassman
03-10-2019, 09:11 AM
I believe my little Honda pump has a fuel cap issue. It quits when the cap is tight, so I have to loosen it now and then to let air in the tank.

PerryFamily
03-10-2019, 09:27 AM
I’d guess it’s the low oil shut down
I had a couple gas powered pumps that if not perfectly level they would just shut down and one had a faulty switch
Honda’s are usually pretty bullet proof

Walling's Maple Syrup
03-10-2019, 09:54 AM
I believe my little Honda pump has a fuel cap issue. It quits when the cap is tight, so I have to loosen it now and then to let air in the tank.
Exactly. That's what I was getting at in my first post. If the cap on the gas tank is not vented it will stall the motor. I had a customer add an auxiliary gas tank from a vehicle to a new 35 cfm gas powered Indiana vacuum they purchased from me. They had similar issues with engine stalling. It was being caused from a non vented gas cap. By leaving the cap loose it eliminated the problem

wnybassman
03-10-2019, 11:23 AM
Exactly. That's what I was getting at in my first post. If the cap on the gas tank is not vented it will stall the motor. I had a customer add an auxiliary gas tank from a vehicle to a new 35 cfm gas powered Indiana vacuum they purchased from me. They had similar issues with engine stalling. It was being caused from a non vented gas cap. By leaving the cap loose it eliminated the problem

Took me a while to figure that out. My first problem was a kinked fuel line, it seemed about a 1/2" too long, and when it wanted to quit I would straighten it with my finger and it would run a little better. Didn't solve the entire problem though. Then a little Googling found me looking at the gas cap. There is a waffled rubber gasket that is supposed to let air in, but it is a known problem that it doesn't always do so. Too tight and it eventually quits. Too loose and it vibrates off. I try to keep it snug and loosen it every several minutes if/when I am near it.

Asa Matras
03-10-2019, 12:56 PM
Make sure the oil is topped off, tank is vented, and no water in the gas. A bad plug is possible, its easy so try it. Our Honda 8 hp was quitting last year and it ended up being the spark plug boot. Its kind of a large replaceable boot on those Hondas.

KReinisch
03-11-2019, 07:22 AM
I figured out that is was the a tight gas cap on the auxiliary tank I made for it. Thanks for the replies.