PDA

View Full Version : Water De-scaler

highway
02-28-2019, 09:07 AM
Morning all,

I was told by a friend about this electronic water de scaler that is supposed to help minerals from adhering to your water pipes. It simply plugs in and you wrap the control wires around the water pipe and let it work.

the technology supposedly treats water in pipes with magnetic and electric field which results in mineral crystallization that will not easily adhere to pipe walls or plumbing fixtures. The treated water remains chemically unchanged therefore will retain the beneficial and healthy minerals like calcium and magnesium.

He also told me that he knows a sugar maker who used it on his incoming feed line for the sap in the evaporator and had noticeably less niter buildup on his pans. My question is, have any of you heard of this or tried it? They look pricey and would like some feedback if you have any info on them.

Sounds to good to be true but hey, I thought it would be worth asking.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

maple marc
02-28-2019, 09:11 PM
There have been no scientific studies that show the effectiveness of these devices.

highway
03-01-2019, 07:19 AM
Well thank you for the info. They command a pretty penny.

Ed

Russell Lampron
03-01-2019, 06:17 PM
I built a bubbler/air injector for my evaporator to keep the nitre suspended. I concentrate my sap into the teens and my syrup used to always be dark because nitre was burning in the flues. I built the bubbler in 2013 and haven't made very much dark syrup since. If you're looking into this water de-scaler because you're having the same problem look into buying or building a bubbler.

highway
03-18-2019, 07:29 AM
Russ,

Is it like the unit bascoms used to offer? injects air into the bottom of the surup pan?

Ed

DrTimPerkins
03-18-2019, 08:25 AM
There have been no scientific studies that show the effectiveness of these devices.

This comment is correct.

DocsMapleSyrup
03-18-2019, 08:04 PM
I actually had purchased a unit like this and used it for two years. It did not work.

Russell Lampron
03-18-2019, 09:19 PM
Russ,

Is it like the unit bascoms used to offer? injects air into the bottom of the surup pan?

Ed

If the unit that you're talking about has tubes with holes in them that run along the bottom of the pans then yes that's what I built.