PDA

View Full Version : define Budding!!

Slatebelt*Pa*Tapper
03-17-2004, 07:01 AM
Can anyone define what Budding is??Is it when the buds are completely open or when they are just swallen.

The reason is I have almost all red maples and A lot of them seem to be a bit plump, but still very blackish looking like they have been threw the winter just Abit larger..

****************************Thanks

Chuck :mrgreen:

mapleman3
03-17-2004, 07:12 AM
it's when those swollen , plump buds start to open up !!! the trees have buds all winter they just aren't mature and opening.

syrupmaker
03-17-2004, 08:40 AM
Chuck...easiest way to check the buds is to start at the tip of the bud and draw back towards the branch. If the edges of the bud want to lift or roll back it is getting close. :( If they don't roll you still have some time left.
:P
Rick

themapleking
03-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Your sap will go green and smell bad about 2 days before the budding starts.

Slatebelt*Pa*Tapper
03-18-2004, 06:49 PM
MapleKing,
I like your answer the best. "Your sap will go green and smell bad about 2 days before the budding starts".
That way If it does do that, Ill know when to dump it?? Hope it does do this, so I know for sure?? :?:

Not real keen with looking at the buds. I did take notice to the lower branch's that they dont look anything like the buds on the very top of the tree.
There not as plump on the button parts of the tree's as the top.

Chuck

WF MASON
03-19-2004, 05:22 AM
When a young lady gets her first barizeer, BUDDING

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-19-2004, 07:58 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing like starting the day with a good laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: