PDA

View Full Version : Shurflo 12volt thermostat install?

bawplank
01-28-2019, 11:42 AM
Can someone post a diagram on how they wired the 12volt thermostat into the system. I have one and it says it requires separate power, I assume this is for it's intended use and not what we are doing with it.. Even a rough drawing would help. Thanks

mol1jb
01-28-2019, 12:20 PM
I can talk you through it. So I have a similar switch. It has 4 places for wire. 2 places (red and black) are for powering the switch itself. You take those lines from your power source (battery or 12v converter depending on what you are using) and wire them. The other 2 places are for the switch action. Take one red from your power source to the switch and take another red from the switch to your shurflo. Lastly take the black from your shurflo and run it back to your power source. Hope this helps

raptorfan85
01-28-2019, 12:20 PM
If it's the typical 12v eBay/Amazon controller this is how I did mine. Run a positive wire from your 12v source to the positive input on the controller. Run a wire from the negative side of your power source to the ground input on the controller. Run a second positive wire from your power source to the k1 input on the controller. Run another wire from the k0 output on the controller to the positive wire on your pump. Run one last wire from the negative side of your power source to the negative wire on the pump.

The positive and ground input on the controller are just to power the controller itself. The k1 is the input for the switch and the k0 is the output from the switch.

raptorfan85
01-28-2019, 12:24 PM
Beat me to it mol1jb!

SmellsLikeSyrupNH
01-28-2019, 12:32 PM
The Thermostats I have are the cheap Chinese ones you can get on amazon or Ebay, if thats what you are talking about? You take some 14 gauge wire and run a red from the +12V on the thermostat to the + terminal on the battery. Then run a black from the ground (GND) on the thermostat to the - Negative terminal on the battery. Next I ran another small red wire forming a "U" from the +12v connector on the thermostat to K1. Next run the red wire from your Shurflo pump to the Thermostat into the connector labeled K0. Last, connect the Black wire on the pump to the - Negative on the battery and you will be good to go.

Biz
01-28-2019, 01:18 PM
Don't forget to add a 10 amp fuse in series with the battery. You can get a fuse and fuseholder from any auto parts supply place. Very important to limit current, especially if the pump jams.

Dave