PDA

View Full Version : Mainline Density?

SeanD
01-22-2019, 07:17 PM
What is the difference between high density, low density, and 30P mainline - besides cost? I currently use 30P on vacuum and I take it all down every year.

Potters3
01-23-2019, 08:26 AM
Leader 30p is a low density. I have used both started with Leader 30p mainline and have switch over to D@G high density.

High density is half the price of the 30p. Only reason I have switched is price.

30P is a little easier to work with doesn't want to kink as much and straightens on the wire easier. Grips / seals to plastic fittings better. Easy to see into to monitor sap flow or freeze ups.

SeanD
01-24-2019, 03:31 PM
All good info. Thanks!

SeanD
01-29-2019, 07:47 PM
I opted for the low density, but CDL is discontinuing it and all I can get is the high density. I'll be rolling up this mainline at the end of every season. I do it without problems with the 30P.
I have black water pipe at a dump station that I roll up and that one is kind of a PITA. Is the high density that thick and/or as rigid as water pipe?

I can get to a Leader dealer for some 30P, but it's an hour+ away. CDL is <20 min away. I'll make the longer drive if the high density will be a pain to roll up and haunts me for the next ten years. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Sean

johnallin
01-30-2019, 05:36 AM
Sean, I'd make the 2+ hour drive, there and back, to save 10 years of grief. That's only 12 minutes / year.

Potters3
01-30-2019, 08:17 AM
If you are going to put up and take down every year. Go 30P, the high density will be a pain to deal with every year. Because of the cost difference I did switch over but I only have to fight with it once. Any place that I may take down to access logging roads I put up 30P to make it easier to deal with each year.

SeanD
01-30-2019, 06:04 PM
Ok, that's the info I needed. Thanks for the feedback!