PDA

View Full Version : New to tubing and have questions.

Mille705
01-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Going to try some tubing this year and need advice. Thinking of running about a 500’ main line and tap around 120 taps into it. Will be using a sap guzzler for vacuum and I am on very flat ground. Should I run 3/4” mainline or 1”? Do I try and get as much slope as possible? How high would you run the mainline? What should I use for laterals? 5/16 or 3/16. Would like to run at least one more main line in the future but trying not to break the bank and learn as I go. What else should I be thinking about? Thanks.

unc23win
01-14-2019, 10:09 PM
I would try to create some slope with your mainline if you can by going a little higher maybe 5-6’ if necessary on the upper end if possible it helps as well as having it anchored tight. 3/4 would be fine with that many taps however I find with such little price difference I just buy 1”. Plan your mainline line so you can run your laterals shorter and get more vacuum to each tap. When you expand you can splice and put a Y in your mainline or run a separate line. Since you dont have a lot of slope 3/16 probably wouldn’t be beneficial.

Ask questions everyone will be glad to help!