PDA

View Full Version : float

archangel_cpj
09-17-2007, 05:40 AM
Im getting 2 new pans and will be needing a float box / valve. heres my question as Im putting together my first 2 pan system. If I pipe the 2 pans together I should only need a float for the flue pan as the syrup pan will stay at the level of the flue pan / float correct??? Also where do I get the float valve i can have the box / and float made but need the valve and I see them on no ones web site.

royalmaple
09-17-2007, 07:54 AM
1 float for drop flue, 2 floats for raised flue pans.

maplecrest
09-17-2007, 12:36 PM
i had a 4x12 drop flue and the float would flood the flue pan so i put a standard 3/4 1/4 valve on the line before the float and turned back the pressure from the storage tank that was a 1500 gallon tank. i ended up taking the float out and using just the valve to control the volume of sap into the evap. jeff

dhbiker1
09-17-2007, 07:24 PM
I believe that Bascom's may have some and they might even be used floats. Give them a call and Bruce is always helpful.

Valley View Sugarhouse
09-18-2007, 09:05 PM
I have a used float, valve and box I can give you a great deal on (ie shipping)
if you can make it work... This is nothing pretty but definetly functionable..

Andy

archangel_cpj
09-18-2007, 09:53 PM
why are these new evaporators looking like the flue pan is higher than the syrup pan is this due to them being raised flue. Let me get this straight I just need to plumb the two pans together and the float goes into the flue pan (drop) correct.

royalmaple
09-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Put the float in a float box on the side, and make a connection between the two pans.

Higher sap pan is more than likely raised flue design.