PDA

View Full Version : Priming Sand Point

MN Jake
01-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Hey guys,

Im pretty excited tonight, thought of a permanent fix to my sandpoint troubles. My sandpoint is outside of course right next to the shack, I need it for RO startup at very least, then for filter and pan cleaning until enough permeate is available. I couldn't put permanent piping and check valve in place due to freezing. Priming is less than desirable no matter what day it is, multiple time a week at that. We have a good pump already to pump concentrate from storage to head tank. So the plan is...

Manifold with 3 valves prior to inlet on pump, concentrate, permeate water then sandpoint. Sandpoint will have a bleeder on it to allow water to return down the pipe. Outlet side will have 3 valves also. 1 to go to the head tank and one to go to holding tank for rinsing and cleaning. The first valve Closest to the pump will be piped to the vacuum.

In short, I will close all valves except sandpoint inlet. Crack vacuum valve, water will be pulled up and thru pump. close vac valve, hit pump switch and open valve to storage tank. When full i just flip valves back to concentrate and head, open bleeder to allow sandpoint water to return.

maple flats
01-07-2019, 07:06 PM
That should work as long as you can prevent water from getting to the vacuum pump. A good moisture trap? Should be quick and easy!

MN Jake
01-07-2019, 07:16 PM
Yes, several gallon moisture trap. I can't believe i didn't think of this sooner.