PDA

View Full Version : Guzzler as transfer pump ?

maplemas
01-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Looking for opinions on using a guzzler as a transfer pump. My releaser is 1700’ from the sugar house and is supplied vacuum from the sugar house. There is a gradual slope putting the tank 25-30 feet lower than the sugar house.I have around 2200 taps running to a 1200 gallon tank. My thoughts are putting the guzzler in between the tank and sugar house and powering it with a small generator .

BlueberryHill
01-07-2019, 09:30 AM
I think the guzzler might be able to pull the sap the whole way up?? I'm not sure about that though. Would be great if true, cause then you don't need to worry about a generator. Also you could set something up to keep the guzzler from freezing easier if it's in your sugar house. I'm thinking of doing a similar setup, but I just need to do more research to see if it will work like I want it to or not. I'm starting another thread in a minute with more info on what I am thinking about doing.

Super Sapper
01-07-2019, 02:21 PM
In my experience with suction lift type pumps you can pull liquid up about 20 feet but the least little leak and it will not work. You would be best to have the pump within 5 vertical feet of the tank.

maple flats
01-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Pulling up 25' is near impossible. Move the pump closer to the tank, they push very well.