PDA

View Full Version : How to "Y" or "T" into mainline?

bison1973
09-15-2007, 08:37 AM
I a have 3/4" mainline that I want to T or Y into with additional 3/4' line. My question is... how do you do this without putting tension on the existing 3/4" mainline? On my current mainline I have it on a wire with the tension grips at both ends. But when you attach to the current mainline how do you do this without pulling on the existing mainline at the T or Y?

Thank you

PATheron
09-15-2007, 06:21 PM
bison- If you are putting the new line on wire can you deadend the new wire on a tree just before or after the existing main line and just put your ties on new line untill your right next to your exist line then T. Then thered be no side tension on original main? Theron

maplecrest
09-16-2007, 10:07 AM
never use a t in a main line allways a y sap will or does not like to turn corners. also i would run a one inch line up to the place you want to t pull the 3/4 up and use for the pipe to tee in. now think two 3/4 inch lines running into a 3/4 line how much sap is going to wait to flow to the tank. i do not know about you but i do not want my sap waiting to run. tree to evap as fast as possible. makes you a 1/2 gallon per tap jeff

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
09-16-2007, 03:10 PM
"T" makes a bad place for chunks of ice to stop and back up the mainline and potentially cause it to blow apart somewhere from all the pressure buildup.

treefinder
09-20-2007, 06:59 AM
i say never t if possible. when you put in a "Y" what i do is either run your wire over the exsisting 3/4' with tension and hook in or stop the wire just before the exsisting 3/4"then thats all you will have is the weight of about 4' or less to it . unless your other line is signifantly higher then use a "T" so it will dump straight down into it. but "Y'S" are better no place for the ice to catch that way.