PDA

View Full Version : Association member increase

lmathews
12-07-2018, 06:53 PM
I received my email for nys maple association renewal and noticed it is up $15.00 what is the reason?
Thanks

Thompson's Tree Farm
12-08-2018, 04:46 AM
The costs associated with your membership have steadily risen. These costs have been being subsidized by the monies raised at the state level such as the State Fair. Through The Association you are members of IMSI and receive the Maple syrup digest, You are receiving each year at least 4 issues of "The Pipeline", there are publication and mailing costs. There are costs involved in processing your membership (if you renew electronically, these costs are reduced by almost 2/3). I don't have the whole list in front of me so I won't enumerate further and risk making a mistake. The decision was made to increase dues to cover the costs of membership. It was decided to raise the fee the entire amount in one year rather than a few dollars a year over several years. Membership in NYSMP is still a bargain compared to most other Ag organizations, many of which have dues in excess of $100 per year. I wish that we did not have to raise our price as I am sure some members will feel that the costs outweigh the benefits. Hope this helps.

maple flats
12-08-2018, 08:44 AM
I agree, it is still a bargain.

MapleMark753
12-08-2018, 03:47 PM
Thompsons Tree Farm makes some great points. The association is a good thing, we like it. :)
However, if you're participating in Maple Weekend, the real full cost is $155.00 per year, and not the regular membership cost of 65.00.

maple flats
12-08-2018, 06:06 PM
To be included in Maple weekend you must be a NY Maple producers assoc. member but the $155 includes all of the advertising to help bring the public to your sugarhouse, plus many other expenses. The $65 is just part of that.