PDA

View Full Version : how many taps

treefinder
09-10-2007, 07:04 AM
i'e just bought a alamo vacuum pump that was just all rebuilt with a oil reclaimer . i also have a 3 cyl deisel engine that i'm going to use to run it. now how many spouts will this pump supply vacuum to?will have about 1200 this year with @ least 3 sap ladders. or am i better off putting in two pumps with two differant dumping stations.also do you have a pressure releaf valve at all your pumps or do you have valve that you crack to let off? thanks kevin

brookledge
09-10-2007, 06:28 PM
There are different size pumps so without telling us what size it is it is hard to say how many taps it can handle. does it have an electric motor on it now? The size of the electric motor on it now will help determin the amount of CFMs if you don't have any info.
As for the diesel motor I would say it will work just fine. If the pump is big enough it will be easy to pu all 1200 taps on it unless the logistics would make it better for two set ups
Keith

danno
09-10-2007, 07:40 PM
and I think most of us use pressure relief valves. If you intall one,you may want to install it facing up. I installed mine facing down as the roof where my collection tank is located is right over my vacuum pipe and I had no room to face my relief valve up.

After a particularly long run, the temps had dropped below freezing and condensation in my vacuum pipe began freezing up my relief valve. When I caught it I was at 23" of vacuum and rising rapidly. Other than that, relief valves works great and is constantly allowing air into the system to keep my vacuum between 18 and 19".

Parker
09-11-2007, 04:48 AM
I have run a surge 76 in the past (35 CFM=good for 2500+ taps, I bielieve) it was powered by a 5HP honda gas moter and that combination worked well,,The 3 cyl. diesel might be a littel overkill,,The 76's I have had seemed to use large ammounts of oil and had drip oiler problems (probably due to a lack of maintainance on my part)
I think a vacuum relife valve is critacal as it will adjust with the barametric pressure and other factors to provide a constant level of vacuum,,,,my 76's had-has a relife on the side of the balance tank (arm -weight set up),,,
Good luck

treefinder
09-12-2007, 12:51 PM
thanks guy's for the info it'll help .. kevin