PDA

View Full Version : preheater connector hose

The Sappy Steamer
09-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Can anyone tell me what kind of hose is suitable for connecting a preheater to the floatbox and where I can get it? The hose I've seen listed is either for the cold side only, not food grade, or the wrong size.(I need 1 3/8" ID)

The Sappy Steamer
09-10-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm still looking for help on the hose guys. Come on, help a brother out will ya? I can't even get the dealers to answer me. I'm gettin a complex. It's one of my final hurdles and I'll be ready to test boil. I keep eyeballin the radiator hose on my pickup and I KNOW that aint right!

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Leader sells a hose that connects a 1.25" copper connector the the intake on the float box that works great. I have 3/4" preheater but added a 1.25" x .75" copper connector and it seals tight and works great. Hose is probably 3 bucks and sounds like it would be exactly the right size!

The Sappy Steamer
09-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks Brandon. It sounds perfect. I must have missed it when I was going through my catalogs

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
09-11-2007, 07:34 AM
SS,

Not sure it is listed in catalog, but dealer could get it for you or call Leader directly. Get 2 while you're at it that way you have a spare for the future!

ziggy
09-12-2007, 08:09 AM
I use milk hose. it gets real soft when hot. It does not clapse and I have used it for about 20 years now with out failure. It is rated for food.

The Sappy Steamer
09-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I went on-line and it's not on the on-line catalog. I'll have to call them and see if I can get it that way. I tried a piece of the clear braided pvc, but that's only rated for 150 degrees and it's too tight. If I ever had to get the hood up in a hurry I'd have to cut it off.

maple flats
09-15-2007, 07:00 PM
I also use milk hose. Contact ECI (Eastern Crown Inc.) in Vernon, NY. They have almost any size you could want.