PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade evaporator fittings?

ecolbeck
11-11-2018, 08:43 PM
I just picked up a D&G Sportsman from the late 90’s. I’m wondering if the fittings on the draw off and pan transfer ports are worth upgrading. They look like I could change them out for triclamp style fittings. Not sure how to remove them from the evaporator though.

ecolbeck
11-11-2018, 08:46 PM
18965 picture

SmellsLikeSyrupNH
11-12-2018, 07:33 AM
You could remove them and replace them, but what is your goal for doing so? If the connection is solid between the 2 pans then its really not necessary. Other than aesthetics what you have accomplishes the task. If you look on Amazon they sell the sanitary fittings, rubber gasket and tri clamps needed for what you want to do. You will need to weld the fittings on to the pans.

ecolbeck
11-12-2018, 12:27 PM
You’re probably right although I will definitely change out the radiator hose that connects the pans for something more food grade.

On the other hand if I were to remove them can anybody explain how it would be done? They look like the flanges are made from two pieces. One side could be held with vice grips but the other side has nothing to hold on to.

SmellsLikeSyrupNH
11-12-2018, 12:30 PM
When i looked quickly I didnt see the radiator hose. Those look just like threaded elbows, you probably can just buy the part at Home Depot/Lowes or any hardware store that sells plumbing fixtures. If they are threaded the way I think the picture shows them you should be able to unscrew them easily.

You’re probably right although I will definitely change out the radiator hose that connects the pans for something more food grade.

On the other hand if I were to remove them can anybody explain how it would be done? They look like the flanges are made from two pieces. One side could be held with vice grips but the other side has nothing to hold on to.

maple flats
11-12-2018, 01:57 PM
For the hose, you can now get white hose for that purpose. It is available from Bascom and likely many other dealers.