PDA

View Full Version : Fall hanging of 3/16th sapline

GramaCindy
10-28-2018, 06:59 AM
Hey folks. I hope I won't regret this, but I strung my 3/16ths through my maple woods. Last winter almost killed me!:o I'm wondering if some of you have had luck in doing so? It seems the last few years we get a huge snowfall right before maple tapping time and I am trying to prevent hauling 500' of line through the deep stuff. I will add my drops at tapping time. Any suggestions? I hope the squirrels leave it alone.

buckeye gold
10-28-2018, 07:11 AM
I hung mine last fall and had no problems, but we don't get many deep snows in southern Ohio. I hung them when it was warm and the tubing worked well and when it got cold they were really tight having been pulled snug in warm weather.

amasonry
10-28-2018, 07:46 AM
I hung a couple new runs two weeks ago. two 800 feet long. push them high up the tree. that will keep them safer. adjust when you tape

wnybassman
10-28-2018, 08:51 AM
I strung mine the summer before I first used it. Only problem was I think I stretched it too tight while being warm, and got way too tight once it got super cold. Since then it has remained up, I don't take it down. There will be animal damage no matter what you do. Just need to fix things once and a while.

Haynes Forest Products
10-28-2018, 09:06 AM
Cindy WOW your growing by leaps and bounds. I say put on the orange vest and get it done while the weather is so nice. Yea you stand the chance to have some critter damage but that is an easy fix and you will be way ahead come spring time.