PDA

View Full Version : Sap line to sap shed

maple cove
10-20-2018, 04:25 PM
How does everyone run sap lines into sap shed to releaser? Have 4 lines and think it will be a big strain on side of shed?

western mainer
10-20-2018, 04:44 PM
I have a tree close by than I drop in to the building
Brian

Russell Lampron
10-20-2018, 05:00 PM
I have two 1.25" lines attached to my sugar house. They have been that way for years with no problems. If this sap shed is your sugar house it should work good. If it's only a tank shed you may want to find a nearby tree or post to attach the lines to.

Haynes Forest Products
10-20-2018, 07:39 PM
I remember hearing about a producer that strung up his lines attaching them to his shed and when the lines contracted from the cold it pulled the shed off the foundation. All my mainlines are pulled tight using an anchor tree. You don't want a branch or tree coming down and pulling the shack apart.

BAP
10-20-2018, 08:22 PM
An old telephone pole in the ground 5-6’ deep close to your shed works good if there aren’t any trees close by.

maple cove
10-21-2018, 03:16 AM
Thanks for all the replies.. Think the tree idea will work for me? A tree about 20 ft. from sap shed will take the strain and then another wire to shed. Thanks Vernon

VT_K9
10-21-2018, 11:57 PM
We have a telephone pole buried about 6' in the ground, which is also anchored to the sap shack by wires for it and a wire for each mainline on the pole. I would recommend a tree or pole to help take any major strain off the building. Who knows what may fall or try to go through your lines and add tension.

Mike