PDA

View Full Version : great timer

maple flats
10-17-2018, 08:45 AM
I've used a timer for years to know when to fire my arch. Most were less than perfect when used in the sugarhouse. With blower noise and maybe a compressor or filter pump running it was sometimes hard to hear the timer if you were not near it. Then problem solved, a few years back I got a Thermopen Big & Loud timer. It has volume levels that can be set as high as 110 DB, I use mine on 1 setting below that and I can still hear it even if I am getting another load of firewood and I'm 25-30' outside the sugarhouse.
I just got an email informing me of a 24 hr sale on them. The regular price is $29.00, but if you order one on the sale it is 20% off, 2 or more you get 25% off. I like them so much I ordered 2, one as a spare at the sugarhouse and a second one for use at home.
If interested, here is a link https://www.thermoworks.com/Extra-Big-Loud
I think this is just a 24 hr. sale, so be quick. However, even at the $29.00 price I think it was well worth it. They have $3.99 flat shipping regardless of how many you order.
Dave

miboss
10-17-2018, 09:04 AM
Thanks Dave, I grabbed one. This will be much more reliable than the analog egg timer I was using.