PDA

View Full Version : Mainline PSI

tonka
10-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Out of curiosity, dose anyone know what the PSI for 1 1/2" mainline is rated for?

tonka
10-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Never mind folks! just looked in Roth's Sugar Bush (CDL) catalog and see the mainline is rated for 100 psi.

maple flats
10-09-2018, 06:35 AM
That depends, each will have a PSI rating on it if you use water line, it will be printed in a repeating pattern every 2 feet or so. If you use maple mainline I doubt it has that info, because it is used either in gravity flow or more commonly in vacuum set-ups.
By the way, you can get the black water line in 100, 125, 160, 200 PSI and maybe others. I just strung a black line in a trench along with an electric feed to my shop , the black line is to be used for an airline between my shop and the sugarhouse. I got 200 PSI for that.

tonka
10-09-2018, 09:41 PM
I was comparing that black poly pipe from Menards (with varies PSI ratings) to the tubing used for sap collecting and the closest way to compare price is by the PSI rating which I found in the CDL catalog on their mainline. Looking to get some 1 1/2" for a dry line in one woods and to upgrade 1" line to 1 1/2" for pumping sap over a hill to get sap out of the woods, cut down on time.

maple flats
10-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Unless you are pushing well over 100' elevation rise to the top, any of the tubing will work. The PSI ratings on tubing is at 73 F, the colder it gets the PSI would rise some too.

tonka
10-10-2018, 07:20 PM
The elevation is good. I had a 1" line run over the hill that emptied into another tank next to the road and had no issue (as long as the line was not frozen up), just took a little bit longer since my pump has a 1 1/2" inlet/outlet on it. Main reason I wanted to know the PSI rating for the pipe is to compare pricing from per say Menards and the supplier I buy my equipment from.