PDA

View Full Version : Airblo vacuum pump questions

gmack
09-30-2018, 02:57 PM
I have a airblo 15 cfm vacuum pump I bought used . Where do i add oil to it and should I put some directly in the pump .

Walling's Maple Syrup
09-30-2018, 07:16 PM
If it needs oil just add it to reclaimer. There should be a sight tube on side of reclaimer. Fill it half way up that. Pump should already have oil in it.
Neil

Walling's Maple Syrup
09-30-2018, 07:35 PM
I would assume your pump has a 1.5 horsepower motor with a 302 pump head. Just a fyi if you ever need more cfms you can go to a 3hp motor with a double belt on that same pump head and double the cfms to 30. Pretty inexpensive way to gain that many cfms. They are a good pump. Move lots of air and pretty forgiving on leaks

gmack
09-30-2018, 07:53 PM
I would assume your pump has a 1.5 horsepower motor with a 302 pump head. Just a fyi if you ever need more cfms you can go to a 3hp motor with a double belt on that same pump head and double the cfms to 30. Pretty inexpensive way to gain that many cfms. They are a good pump. Move lots of air and pretty forgiving on leaks

Thank you .

It has oil in it I thought I should change it . Should the pump be taken apart and cleaned ?

Thanks for the help first year with big vacuum .

Greg

Walling's Maple Syrup
09-30-2018, 08:07 PM
It's hard to tell the history of the pump, but under normal cicumstances I would just drain reclaimer and fill back up with new oil. These pumps do create condensation so during the season, i would recommend draining water off bottom of reclaimer on a daily basis.

Haynes Forest Products
09-30-2018, 11:26 PM
If your reclaiming the used oil then your accumulating the contaminants back into the pump. Sap that gets sucked into a releaser will allow some moisture to enter the pump. That moisture will condense into the warm oil. Allowing it to sit in the pump during the off season can cause rusting of the internal parts. I would drain the oil at the end of the season and allow it to drain completely. Giving it a quick spin will also help evacuate all the old oil.

'You will also have a certain sugar content in your old oil that can concentrate over time sticking moving parts. Have had it cause my vane dairy pumps and dry van Gast pumps stick causing the motors to trip the breaker. Oil won't clean sugar from the inside of the pump only water based cleaners so keep it clean. Oil is cheap.