PDA

View Full Version : Oil tank evaporator

reck9953
09-05-2018, 02:03 PM
Building a oil tank evaporator this year. I was wondering what people use for insulation? I’m planning on using a ceramic blanket and fire brick. I do line the fire box with both the ceramic blanket & fire brick? Thanks open to all tips & tricks

maple flats
09-05-2018, 03:11 PM
It's most efficient with both.

Hunt4sap
09-05-2018, 07:41 PM
You can look at thread I started ( rectangular flue stack question)or many others on here about OTE's for some different ideas or options people have built.

Haynes Forest Products
09-06-2018, 01:00 AM
I would ask you if having the most insulation is what you need. Will the evap be in a small air tight building? Will you want some heat in the room for comfort during boils? I would do brick on everything and call it good because of the size.

maple flats
09-06-2018, 06:07 AM
Haynes is right, while both is most efficient, my 3x8 only has the brick and it remains rather cool in the sugarhouse in cooler weather. Most times if the outside temp is in the 20's or 30's I need to wear alight weight jacket and my wife if she is there wears a coat while boiling. My sugarhouse is only insulated in the RO closet. I don't remove the jacket until outside temps go over the mid 40's.