PDA

View Full Version : Stainless vs brass

maplenutter butter
08-31-2018, 01:17 PM
I'm looking to buy a cream machine and was wondering should I spend the extra 800 bucks getting the cream machine with the stainless pump or the cheaper brass pump? (Of course they have the stainless one in stock)

maple flats
08-31-2018, 03:08 PM
If it is not lead free brass, get the SS.

BAP
08-31-2018, 03:57 PM
Stainless Steel pumps will last longer than the Brass ones.

maplenutter butter
08-31-2018, 10:34 PM
They are both brand new. I'm just weighing my options. I kinda like to pinch my pennies....Was wondering if others have used the brass pump cream machines and what they think of them.

unc23win
09-01-2018, 07:31 AM
$800 is $800 for years most cream machines haven't even been offered with stainless pumps and some still aren't. Not to go off subject or to change the thread but I understand why there is the big push for stainless. That being said if you are testing for lead and are well under readable levels of lead and you have somewhere else to spend the $800 or would prefer to save it then by all means go with the brass one. I have a Lapierre cream machine with a brass pump and I am not worried about it at all. I know they are also easy to rebuild and if need be pretty affordable to replace. I suppose maybe at some point all the maple companies will probably quit selling them altogether.