PDA

View Full Version : Recirculation flowmeter?

bmbmkr
08-20-2018, 09:25 AM
Last year I bought a used gas powered Deer Run 125, and it worked great for my 250 taps. This year I'm doubling taps and adding another post to the RO and converting to electric with a boost pump and a 220v 1 1/2 hp powered 330gph Procon. My original flowmeters should still be in the range to handle the flow. I just wondered if anyone added a flowmeter to the recirculation line for repeatability, or does your valve setting rely entirely on the hi pressure gauge and the conc/perm flowmeters. I'm running 1.5% raw sap through a 25gph drop flue frankenevaporator

bmbmkr
08-22-2018, 08:33 AM
I guess if it were that beneficial, it would have been done already.

bowhunter
01-22-2019, 07:37 AM
You don't need a recirculation flow meter. I'm a retired engineer from Ashland. If you send me a private message with your system with all the pump and membrane sizes and how you plan to configure everything I could offer some advice. Let me know if you're planning to run the membranes in parallel or series.

bmbmkr
01-22-2019, 09:08 AM
Bowhunter,

Thanks for your reply. I posted this a while back when in the planning stages. Last year was my first running RO, a second hand that didn't come with an owners manual. I used the recirc with great success. However, half the time I was experimenting.

I've got it all together now, Procon 330 on 1 1/2 HP with a Wayne 1 hp feed pump. Vessels are plumbed in series, and I added a valve in between so I can flush in parallel. I ran 200+ gal of permeate through it Friday, had a few leaks, but got 6 gpm combined flow at 150 psi. I fidded with the recirc a bit while it was running and am happy with the results, other than a few leaks in the 1/2" SS plumbing- the threads on the Tees were pretty rough- Chinese SS from Amazon. I've got it back together now, and no leaks.

In the past 9 months, I have read every single post in the RO forum, some of them several times. I sure appreciate all of your advice and information over the years. I'll shoot you a PM.

Ben

maple flats
01-22-2019, 11:01 AM
Send me an with your email address to dave@cnymaple requesting a manual. I will send you a copy of a manual from a Ray Gingerich RO. It will help with the basics.

maple flats
01-22-2019, 11:04 AM
My RO has no flowmeter on my recirculate loop. Not needed.
By the way, Deer Run and Ray Gingerich RO's are one and the same, in case you didn't know.