PDA

View Full Version : Oiul burner under flue pan

Haynes Forest Products
07-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Wain you mentioned if you were to do it all over again you would put the burner under the flue pan. Why not just spin your pans 180 degrees. I keep toying with the idea but then I wonder if my are should be changed. I keep thinking that the combustion chamber might not to be this big open cavern. Why not maybe 12" in depth not the 24" to 28" I could see tilting it up into the raised flues.

OOOOPs spell check title:cry:

Brian
07-02-2018, 02:58 PM
What William is talking about is making the heat or fire ball pass under the flue pan through a seperate channel under the fluepan,come up under the front pan then pass through the flues. This would give even heat to the front pan and flue pan because the oil would be all ready lit or burned before reaching the front pan.

wiam
07-02-2018, 09:10 PM
What William is talking about is making the heat or fire ball pass under the flue pan through a seperate channel under the fluepan,come up under the front pan then pass through the flues. This would give even heat to the front pan and flue pan because the oil would be all ready lit or burned before reaching the front pan.

Nope. I’m talking about having a vertical wall instead of a sloped wall at back of fire box with the burner in it.

wiam
07-02-2018, 09:20 PM
Nope. I’m talking about having a vertical wall instead of a sloped wall at back of fire box with the burner in it.

Like this one.

Brian
07-03-2018, 06:59 AM
they made them like that back in the 80's but didn't take hold. I don't really know what the problem was. Some put them in on the sides too.