PDA

View Full Version : Oil Burner for 3 X 10

Rossell's Sugar Camp
07-01-2018, 03:12 PM
I have a wayne combustion systems Model FH Oil burner. I got it free from work and I replaced the pump. I now need to get the correct nozzle sizes so that I get the right amount of heat.
How many GPH of oil do I need for my 3 X 10 to boil around 90 GPH. I have a 7 foot raised flue rig that is 4 years old.
Thanks Guys

Haynes Forest Products
07-01-2018, 06:51 PM
I have a 3 x 10 and I decided to go for as much heat as possible to cook as much as possible. Now I don't know if there is a calculation on what burner along with this nozzle will produce 90 GPH under a 3x10 Lapierre. Now I would get the rig put together and then have someone that knows how to tune a oil burner bring out a selection of nozzles and see what he can do.

I think combustion chamber and style of arch has a lot to do with it.

maple flats
07-01-2018, 07:40 PM
While I don't burn oil yet, I have heard many say that you are best off getting an oil burner technician, and one who is familiar with evaporators, not just oil burners. They will have the knowledge to get the best boil rate/efficiency combination. A regular oil burner tech can get a good flame but they are not normally trained to get the best boil rate. It is not always just a matter of larger nozzle for more gal/hr evaporation. When the tech comes you will want a good amount of water for the test.

Brian
07-01-2018, 08:04 PM
https://www.leaderevaporator.com/pdf_files/leader-insulated-oil-arch.pdf This should get you in the ball field.

wiam
07-02-2018, 09:26 AM
A few things I learned when setting up my 3x12.
Oil nozzles are rated at 150 psi for the gph.
You may not want the pressure at 150. With mine at 150 the flame was too far out and the front of the front pan did not boil good. I backed the pressure off and went down in nozzle size. ( 2- 5.5 gph hollow pressure about 125) Then the front pan boiled better. I also tilted the burner slightly so the flame goes up toward the pan. This also helped the front of the front pan boil better.

If I was to build again I would reverse fire. (Burner under flue pan)

Brian
07-02-2018, 03:06 PM
The gallon rating on a nozzle is based on 100 psi. pump pressure, not 150 psi.

wiam
07-02-2018, 09:08 PM
The gallon rating on a nozzle is based on 100 psi. pump pressure, not 150 psi.

Whoops. I knew that.