PDA

View Full Version : Stained tank

blissville maples
05-03-2018, 06:31 AM
One of my poly tanks had some red mold on it, and upon cleaning the red stains do not come off and look to be in the plastic now. Wondering if anyone has successfully removed these stains. I Pressure washed and that didn't touch it or did the scrubbing?

NhShaun
05-03-2018, 06:40 AM
Did you try a magic eraser? Amazed at what those things can clean off plastic that normal elbow grease doesn't seem to do anything with.

Russell Lampron
05-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Just leave it there, it will go away on it's own. It takes a while but by next season it will be gone.

lyford
05-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Yep to what Russ said

Super Sapper
05-04-2018, 05:30 AM
You can spray a bleach solution on it and let it sit.

blissville maples
05-04-2018, 05:37 AM
Never tried Magic eraser but not a bad idea.....tried bleach so it will hopefully kill some of the bacteria in the plastic. I suppose I'll find out next year, hopefully it will be gone by then as you mentioned, certainly won't hurt my feelings!

Haynes Forest Products
05-04-2018, 08:27 AM
I'm surprised that the mold penetrated the poly tank surface. Is the tank that old that the surface is starting to disintegrate. I had a blue poly barrel that was all weather checked from age and used it for burning trash. If it causes problems and you want it gone you can take a spoon and sharpen the edge and scrape the plastic surface away.

mellondome
05-04-2018, 10:45 AM
You can use sodium hydroxide based soaps. Same stuff used to clean r/o membranes and the base used in milking CIP cleaner (not the acid).